Updated: Feb 16, 2022
The perfect dessert for a festive dinner. This chocolate tart is filled with a tart cranberry filling and topped off with whipped cream. It’s a scrumptious and light treat for your dinner party.
This recipe makes an 8 inch tart
Chocolate Tart Crust
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup Camino cocoa powder
1/3 cup icing sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter
1 large egg yolk
2 tsps heavy cream (35%)
½ tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Camino cane sugar
1 cup water
4 cups fresh of frozen cranberries
Zest from half a large orange
Whipped Cream + Topping
1 cup heavy cream (35%)
Zest from the other half of the orange
Chocolate shaving from Camino’s 71% baking chocolate bar
1. In a bowl, cut the butter, flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles a crumble.
2. Add the egg yolk, cream and mix until the dough holds together.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. When ready, roll the dough until it’s 1/8 inch thick and press into the tart tin. Trim away any excess.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F and bake for 20 minutes with pie weights atop parchment paper (you can bake without pie weights as well).
6. Remove crust and let cool.
7. In a medium saucepan, add water and sugar. Bring to a boil and dissolve the sugar.
8. Add in your washed cranberries and bring to a boil. Cook until the cranberries open and then simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Once the cranberries have opened up, add in the zest of half an orange.
10. Remove from heat and cool.
Assembling the tart
11. Whip the whipped cream until you have stiff peaks.
12. Fill the chocolate tart with the cranberry filling, there may be excess filling. Add the whipped cream on top. Zest the remainder of the orange on top and shave chocolate curls as a garnish.
13. Enjoy! You can eat this tart warm or cold.
Shop Camino’s products here https://camino.ca/